Skip to content
- The factory started trial sugar production since March 27, 2017.
- The factory while entering regular production crushes 6 thousand to 6 thousand 500 tons of sugar cane a day. When it operates with its full capacity it will crush 12 thousand tons of sugar cane a day.
- When it starts working with its full gear it will have a capacity of producing 2.5 Million quintals of sugar and 28 Million litres of ethanol a year.
- It will also produce 60 Mega Watts of electricity and sends 40 of it to the national power grid using only 20 megawatts to itself.
- The source of this 6.67 Billion Birr sugar development project is the Chinese Development Bank. Its construction officially started in July, 2014 following an agreement signed between Sugar Corporation and the Chinese Company- Complant, constructor of the factory.